Interested applicants are asked to send an electronic email with your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
CareLink Mission: The CareLink mission is to lead its members in the development of a high quality, responsive, and relevant aging services network that cares for adults with complex health issues.
CareLink Vision: CareLink and its members will create and implement innovative solutions within the health care system that make a positive impact on the lives of adults living with complex health issues.
The Nurse Care Manager provides care management review to nursing home residents (members) enrolled in Rhody Health Options. The care management review is conducted through patient chart reviews, assessments, and interviews with nursing home staff and residents, and occurs in the CareLink office (via phone and electronic medical records) as well as at nursing facilities.
Successful candidates will have: excellent assessment skills; the ability to work independently but also the ability to be a relationship builder; have experience working in a skilled nursing facility; be confident with technology; and be willing to travel to various facilities throughout the state.
Responsibilities and Duties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Gather patient data from Minimum Data Set (MDS) system, care plans, medication lists and other patient documentation to complete Nursing Assessments and gauge patient potential of returning to the community
- Perform complete and accurate in-person assessments of members in nursing facilities as needed
- Complete and enter assessment in electronic data base with accuracy and within prescribed timeframe
- Conduct comprehensive, culturally and linguistically appropriate assessments, re-assessments, and care planning
- Review assessments and present at periodic case review
- Seek and provide peer consultation about cases that are problematic and/or present significant deviations from the plan of care
- Maintain contact with facilities and patients; develop professional and collegial relationships with staff of nursing facilities
- Attend assigned trainings and continue regular ongoing education to increase skills, knowledge, and expertise to effectively deliver care management assistance
- Provide periodic on-call member support after hours including weeknights, weekends and holidays on a rotating basis
- Abide by laws governing confidentiality of client identifiable health information, and adherence to organizations policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications – Required
Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in health care provider or case management setting.
- Experience working with nursing homes/skilled nursing facilities and familiarity with Minimum Data Set (MDS)
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary setting
- Strong organizational and documentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service orientation
- Ability to work independently and maintain good judgment and accountability
Associates Degree in Nursing from an accredited institution
Certification and Licenses
Current state of Rhode Island RN licensure required
Travel throughout the state of Rhode Island; mileage reimbursement offered
CareLink offers a full benefits package which includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance, 403b, Voluntary Life, Flexible Spending Account options, 10 Paid Holidays, and Paid Time Off (including your birthday).
CareLink is dedicated to the values of equal employment opportunity and strives to develop and cultivate a diverse and knowledgeable workforce dedicated to its Mission.