The CareLink mission is to lead its members in the development of a high quality, responsive, and relevant aging services network that cares for adults with complex health issues.
The RPT is responsible for evaluation, design and delivery of prescribed Physical Therapy programs (within the parameters of training and expertise) to clients and residents of the facility. Responsible to initiate prescriptive care as appropriate. Responsible for documentation of these evaluations and treatments, recording patient status, treatment response, changes noted, patient/family education, recommendations and other patient-centered actions taken. Reports to the CareLink Therapy Coordinator for matters pertaining to CareLink clients.
- Completes Physical Therapy evaluations as needed and contributes to the development of the plan of care.
- Provides treatment as indicated and implements PT procedures consistent with achieving identified goals.
- Applies indications and contraindications according to patient diagnosis and standard operating procedures.
- Provides regular updates to interdisciplinary team on client status in therapy, including discharge plans.
- Clearly documents treatments, records patient status, treatment response, changes noted, patient/family education. Shares pertinent information with interdisciplinary team.
- Identifies own learning needs and seeks out educational experiences to meet those needs.
- Incorporates departmental policies and procedures into daily routine, makes recommendations for changes as appropriate.
- Organizes a schedule that reflects patient care priorities and organizational needs.
- Carries a caseload that reflects CareLink’s productivity standards.
- Ensures that equipment is in working condition and meets departmental standards prior to patient’s treatment. Reports defective equipment to supervisor promptly.
- Uses facility equipment and supplies in a cost-effective manner.
- Maintains a clean work environment.
- Assesses need for adaptive and/or durable medical equipment (DME) and makes recommendations to interdisciplinary team. Receives required authorization prior to purchase of DME. Orders DME and provides follow through as needed.
- Educates staff, clients and family on services available through speech therapy staff and limitations of PT services as dictated by the PT practice laws.
- Reviews restorative care plans as directed by department policy.
- Performs minor DME repairs as directed by Rehab policy.
- Participates in committees as assigned by supervisor.
- Utilizes appropriate safety measures when providing treatment to CareLink clients.
- Supports Quality Improvement efforts.
- Performs related services necessary to maintain the efficient operation of the department.
- Protects privacy and maintains confidentiality of sensitive employee, client and agency information.
- Graduate of an accredited 4 year Physical Therapy Baccalaureate program.
- Valid Physical Therapist license in the state(s) where services are rendered.
- One year clinical experience.