LeadingAge RI, a trade association that represents non-profit long-term care providers, is seeking a Special Projects Assistant to support our mission and operations.
The ideal candidate will bring high energy and passion for learning the long-term health care industry along with strong communication skills, both oral and written, event planning, and top-notch organizational skills. Willingness to take ownership over projects and ability to independently solve problems are key attributes for this role, as is the ability to maintain a flexible schedule. Position is 20 hours per week; Monday-Friday or Monday-Thursday. Specific hours and schedule can be negotiated at time of hire so long as the hours fall within traditional 8-5 business hours and meet the scheduling, event and meeting needs of LeadingAge RI.
- Plan, organize, and facilitate high-level continuing educational sessions, including securing and working with speakers, venues, event promotion, event registration and processing of CEUs.
- Help to plan and manage the LeadingAge Annual Conference and Trade Show including communicating and working with conference site, vendors, committees and other relevant parties. Overseeing communication and promotion of the event.
- Develop and strengthen member meetings, committees, and networking events, as well as other member-related services.
- Assist in various aspects of LeadingAge RI communications and operations, including:
- Manage website and membership database,
- Respond to member requests
- Represent LeadingAge RI and members at external conferences and meetings as necessary.
- Develop, coordinate and execute special projects as assigned by Director of LeadingAge RI.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills, “can-do” attitude
- Event planning experience
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills necessary; customer service orientation
- Meeting facilitation experience; experience facilitating the work of committees and/or volunteers is a plus
- Familiarity with not-for-profit organizations and/or aging services preferred